- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SAN DIEGO — Amy Acker is sticking around on Person of Interest.
The actress, who has been a recurring player since the first season, has been upped to series regular on the CBS drama. News of the promotion came during the series’ packed Comic-Con panel on Saturday afternoon.
Acker offered one of Person of Interest‘s bigger twists in her introduction, when she was revealed to be “Root,” the faceless hacker introduced at the beginning of the series. She’s previously had starring TV roles on Dollhouse, Angel and Happy Town. She most recently can be seen in frequent collaborator Joss Whedon‘s Much Ado About Nothing as Beatrice.
Her first episode as a full-time cast member will be the Sept. 24 season premiere, when the show heads to a new hour on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
the tonight show
‘Succession’ Star Kieran Culkin Explains Why Roman Roy Doesn’t Seem to Understand Chairs
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Says ‘Everybody Hates Chris’ Producer Told Him He Would “Probably Never Work Again”
‘Rabbit Hole’ Review: Kiefer Sutherland Struggles to Hold Together Paramount+’s Messy Espionage Series