- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After revealing a new full-length trailer for its upcoming Mike Colter drama Luke Cage, the comic book power house and streaming giant released promos for both Iron Fist and its four-way superhero miniseries The Defenders.
While there isn’t much to see in very first Defenders teaser — no footage, unlike Iron Fist — it does set a very compelling tone thanks largely in part to its chilling use of Nirvana’s “Come As You Are.”
Daredevil exec producers Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez — who took over the drama in season two — oversee The Defenders as showrunners. The series is the fifth of Marvel’s initial five-show deal with Netflix and will star the lead heroes from its four previous series — Charlie Cox’s Daredevil, Krysten Ritter’s Jessica Jones, Colter’s Luke Cage and Finn Jones’ Iron Fist — as they to face their biggest threat ever. Unlike Netflix’s other Marvel series, The Defenders is being billed as a mini.
In addition to Petrie and Ramirez, Drew Goddard (The Martian, Lost, Alias) exec produces alongside Marvel’s head of television, Jeph Loeb.
Check out the teaser, below, which earned a standing ovation at Comic-Con.
Bookmark THR.com/ComicCon to keep up with all the highlights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day