- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Community is bringing back a familiar face.
The Daily Show correspondent John Oliver will return to Greendale Community College for a multi-episode arc, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Oliver, who recently completed an eight-week gig filling in for Jon Stewart as host of Comedy Central’s late-night staple, will reprise his role as Professor Ian Duncan and appear in at least six episodes of the Dan Harmon comedy.
The writer-actor-comedian first played the psychology professor in the pilot and recurred during the first two seasons of the cult comedy.
Oliver joins Justified‘s Walton Goggins, Breaking Bad‘s Jonathan Banks and Childrens Hospital‘s Rob Corddry with roles in Community‘s fifth season, which also marks the return of creator-showrunner Harmon and executive producer Chris McKenna.
While a return date for Community‘s fifth season has not been determined yet, the Joel McHale-starrer will begin its syndicated run in more than 200 markets on broadcast beginning Sept. 16 and air Friday nights on Comedy Central beginning Sept. 20.
Oliver is repped by WME and Avalon Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day