- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
30 Rock is pulling the old switcheroo again on its upcoming live episode.
An NBC spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Community actor Donald Glover will guest star on 30 Rock’s live episode as a younger version of Tracy Morgan’s eccentric character, Tracy Jordan.
“Donald does an excellent Tracy Morgan-slash-Jordan impression,” 30 Rock Executive Producer Robert Carlock tells TVLine.com, who broke the news.
With the casting, Glover will be pulling off a homecoming. He wrote for 30 Rock for three years before joining Community. In fact, this also won’t be the first time he has stood in for Morgan. Apparently, he did the vocals on an extended version of the season one jingle, “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah.”
“I don’t think you can tell,” Carlock says. “It’s pretty remarkable. All the spoken stuff is Donald doing Tracy.”
This also wouldn’t be the first time 30 Rock switched actors during a live episode. During the first one in 2010, Julia Louis-Dreyfus stood in for Tina Fey’s Liz Lemon.
The live episode of 30 Rock airs on Thursday, April 26 at 8:30 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day