- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actor, who recently reduced his role on NBC’s cult comedy to recurring for season five, is developing a music-themed comedy for FX, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Tentatively titled Atlanta, the comedy is set against the Atlanta music scene. The actor-musician — aka hip-hop artist Childish Gambino — grew up in Atlanta and has first-hand knowledge of the music community there.
Glover will write, executive produce and star in the FX vehicle. This marks Glover’s second stab at developing a starring vehicle for himself. Last year, the Community star developed a semi-autobiographical comedy for NBC, which did not move forward at the network.
Glover in July took a step back from Community, reducing his role from series regular to recurring in order to accommodate his burgeoning music career and busy tour schedule. He’s slated to appear in five of the Dan Harmon comedy’s 13 season-five episodes.
Should Glover’s FX comedy move forward, he will join another former NBC Thursday night staple, as 30 Rock‘s Tracey Morgan also has a comedy pilot at the cable network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day