- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Conan O’Brien is taking his first acting gig very seriously, and he wants everyone in town to know it.
He took time during Wednesday’s Conan to talk about the ad, which urges Hollywood to consider the TV film for an “Emmy and/or Oscar and/or BAFTA.”
“I put in a call to The Hollywood Reporter,” O’Brien said holding up THR‘s sports issue. “This is the magazine everybody in the industry reads. It’s the Bible of the industry.”
O’Brien isn’t the only one getting in on the Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda fever. Martin Scorsese also bought an ad in THR‘s sports issue.
“Your work in Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda is, in a word, sublime. Your friend, Martin Scorsese,” the full-page ad reads.
O’Brien seems thrilled with the endorsement.
“I have been knighted by the director of our times and this is 100 percent real,” O’Brien said on air. “Go out, buy one on the newsstands.”
THR‘s sports issue, which features Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III on the cover, profiles Los Angeles hometown heroes such as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Rosey Grier and Vin Scully, as well as CBS Sports’ David Feherty‘s struggles with mental health issues and drug addiction.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams