- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. Television has released the first official image of Matt Ryan as the lead in the new NBC pilot Constantine, and it has to be said: He looks very much like the DC Entertainment character brought to life.
Ryan plays John Constantine, the occult detective created by Alan Moore, Stephen Bissette and John Totleben for the Saga of the Swamp Thing series in the 1980s, before being spun off into his own Hellblazer and Constantine series.
“I’ve been a fan of John Constantine since he was first introduced in 1985,” executive producer David Goyer said. “This Constantine, envisioned by [director] Neil Marshall and embodied by Matt Ryan, looks like he sprang directly from the comics’ covers. Fans old and new are going to be in for a treat.”
In addition to Ryan, the Constantine pilot also features True Blood‘s Lucy Griffiths and Lost‘s Harold Perrineau. Directed by Marshall, the pilot was written by Daniel Cerone, who is co-executive producer on the project with Goyer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day