- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Courteney Cox plays a woman in her forties who’s taking on new life challenges on ABC’s Cougar Town and now the actress is taking a page out of her character’s book.
An ABC spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the actress “is currently scheduled to direct an upcoming episode” of the sitcom during Season 3, as first reported by TVGuide.com.
This would be the 47 year old’s first time directing for television. Previously, Cox directed a short film called The Monday Before Thanksgiving in 2008, which she also appeared in, starring Laura Dern.
Cox plays Jules on the ABC sitcom and she serves as an executive producer. The series is set to return in the midseason. In the meantime, she’ll be guest starring on former Friends cast mate Lisa Kudrow’s Showtime series, Web Therapy, next month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Succession’ Creator Jesse Armstrong Explains Series Finale Fates for Kendall, Shiv and Roman
‘The Idol’ Stars Defend Controversial Show: “We Always Knew We Were Going to Make Something Provocative”
Evan Handler Says Kim Cattrall’s ‘And Just Like That’ Cameo Was Filmed “With No Contact With Anybody”