- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Craig Zadan and Neil Meron have signed with ICM Partners, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The prolific producing team produced the Oscars telecast from 2013 through 2015, and are behind NBC’s now-annual live musical events: The Sound of Music, Peter Pan, The Wiz and Hairspray. The next special is Bye Bye Birdie Live!, which has been pushed to 2018 because of star Jennifer Lopez’s schedule, and Jesus Christ Superstar Live!, which is set for Easter 2018.
Zadan and Meron are also producing NBC’s live performance of Aaron Sorkin’s stage play A Few Good Men, which is scheduled to air this year, as is their Lifetime telepic Flint, which focuses on the water crisis in the Michigan town.
Their previous credits include producing both the original 1984 Footloose and the 2011 remake, the 2007 film remake of Hairspray starring John Travolta and executive producing 2002’s Oscar-winning Chicago. In television, their exec producer credits include the A&E miniseries Bonnie & Clyde, Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and Steel Magnolias and, of course, the TV show about a musical, NBC’s Smash.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day