- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is getting a leg up on its 2015-16 fare.
The news comes as Crazy — starring Rachel Bloom — is poised to make its series debut on Oct. 12. The pickup is a show of faith in the hourlong comedy, which was ordered straight to series based on a busted half-hour pilot made for corporate sibling Showtime.
For iZombie, the pickup comes after CW president Mark Pedowitz noted that the sophomore zombie drama starring Rose McIver and based on the DC Comics series of the same name would return for its first fall debut with a 13-episode season with the option of a back-nine order.
Showrunner Rob Thomas told THR that he was plotting out a full 22-episode season and that should the series end after 13 episodes, the conclusion would not be fulfilling.
“If we only get 13 episodes, we are going to be in big trouble,” Thomas said. “I’m structuring this season like we’re doing 22. If we don’t get a back-nine order and end up only doing 13, it will just feel like the water cut off midstream. So we’re putting a little extra spice on that 13th episode and hoping for the best. If not … well, let’s just say the fans would not be happy where we leave off.”
iZombie premieres Tuesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Framing Britney Spears
Michael K. Williams
The Late Show