- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Criminal Minds is bringing back a familiar face for the landmark 200th episode.
Paget Brewster, who was a series regular on the CBS procedural for six seasons. will reprise her role of Emily Prentiss in the upcoming season nine hour, the network announced Monday.
Her last appearance was in the May 16, 2012, season seven finale, but the character has been mentioned in the eighth season.
In the 200th episode, glimpses into the past shed light onto what happened to J.J. Jareau (A.J. Cook) during her year away from the BAU and also will prove valuable in the team’s efforts to solve a present-day case.
“Our 200th episode is going to be a special show,” said executive producer/showrunner Erica Messer. “We can’t imagine telling this story without Paget being present.”
Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Shemar Moore, Matthew Gray Gubler, Kristen Vangsness and Jeanne Tripplehorn also star in Criminal Minds.
Criminal Minds airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day