- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network made the announcement official Thursday afternoon on Twitter: “#CBS welcomes back #CriminalMinds for its 9th season. Series renewed for 2013/14 broadcast season.”
Criminal Minds, starring Joe Mantegna and Thomas Gibson, has averaged 15 million total viewers and a 3.0 rating in the ad-coveted adults 18-49 demographic. Jeanne Tripplehorn, Shemar Moore, Matthew Gray Gubler, Kirsten Vangsness and A.J. Cook co-star, with Erica Messer as showrunner. Mark Gordon and Janine Sherman Barrois executive produce with Messer.
The one-hour procedural, produced by ABC Studios, was noticeably absent in late March when CBS gave a bulk of its primetime lineup renewals.
Now that Criminal Minds has received a ninth-season pickup ahead of the network’s May 15 upfront presentation, CBS will make decisions on bubble shows Rules of Engagement, CSI: NY and rookie efforts Vegas and Golden Boy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day