- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Olivia Colman, star of Broadchurch and The Night Manager, replaces Foy as Queen Elizabeth II for seasons three and four of the Left Bank Pictures drama, and in the first still is seen drinking a cup of tea and eating toast (with what looks like marmalade spread).
Colman will star alongside Tobias Menzies, who plays Prince Phillip and replaces Matt Smith.
In other castings, Helena Bonham Carter will play Princess Margaret, taking over from Vanessa Kirby, Erin Doherty will play Princess Anne, Jason Watkins will play Harold Wilson, and Ben Daniels will portray Antony Armstrong-Jones. Still to be determined is who will take over as the Queen Mother (played by Victoria Hamilton in seasons one and two.)
Season three of The Crown, created by Peter Morgan, is currently in production and due to debut in 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant