- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Switched at Birth star Vanessa Marano is heading to CSI.
The actress, who plays artistic teen Bay Kennish on the ABC Family drama, will guest star in an upcoming episode of CBS’ CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Samantha, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
In the harrowing role, Marano will play the estranged daughter of an ex-con named Frank, who will be played by The O.C.’s Johnny Messner.
In the episode, Frank is an ex-con who lost touch with Samantha and learns she was a street gang groupie and goes on a one-man war to get his little girl back.
Marano joins her Switched at Birth co-star Katie Leclerc with guest roles on CBS’ series: Leclerc was tapped last week to guest star on CBS’ The Big Bang Theory.
Marano is repped by Paradigm, Marano Entertainment and Morris, Yorn, Barnes, Levine, Krintzman, Rubenstein & Kohner.
Messner, repped by Gersh, Zero Gravity Management and Morris, Yorn, Barnes, Levine, Krintzman, Rubenstein & Kohner, also appeared in episodes of Cold Case, Chuck and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
CSI returns to CBS in its new time slot on Wednesday, Sept. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day