- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After seven seasons as a recurring player on CBS’ long-running CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Jon Wellner has been upped to series regular.
The actor has played toxicology specialist Henry Andrews since joining the veteran procedural in Season 5 and has appeared in more than 60 episodes.
His promotion comes as CSI has been locking up its cast for its upcoming 13th season, signing cast members Eric Szmanda, Jorja Fox and George Eads to one-year deals to continue on in their long-running roles.
Wellner’s status change follows a tumultuous season that saw the series uprooted from its longtime Thursday time slot to Wednesdays. The billion-dollar franchise also saw Ted Danson take over for Laurence Fishburne at the beginning of the season, later being joined by Elisabeth Shue, who replaced Marg Helgenberger.
Peri Gilpin made her debut as the wife of Danson’s D.B. Russell during May’s Season 12 finale, which was up a tenth of a point week-over-week with a 2.4 rating in the key adults 18-49 demographic. She’ll return to reprise the role in Season 13.
Wellner is repped by Greater Vision Artists Talent Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro