- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Show him the series TV money?
Oscar winner Cuba Gooding Jr. has landed the lead role in Fox’s Greg Berlanti legal drama pilot Guilty, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Guilty centers on William “Billy” Remz (Gooding), an ethically questionable defense attorney who has been stripped of his license to practice law after being falsely convicted of fraud. He uses unorthodox techniques to solve cases he’s been banned from handling — and exacts revenge upon those who set him up.
Should the pilot be picked up, it would mark the Jerry Maguire standout’s first regular series television gig.
He’ll co-star in the pilot with Eva Amurri Martino, who will play Lily, an attorney who works closely with Billy. Julian Morris also stars in the drama written by Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, who will executive produce alongside Peter Johnson. McG is on board to direct the pilot from Warner Bros. Television, Bonanza Productions, Berlanti Productions and Wonderland Sound and Vision.
Gooding becomes the latest in a string of feature actors booking broadcast pilots this season, joining the likes of Kevin Bacon, Dennis Quaid and others. Ryan Phillippe was briefly attached to Berlanti’s CBS drama but dropped out.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier