- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HBO is giving fans a new look at the upcoming season of Curb Your Enthusiasm with the release of the official season-nine trailer.
But as the promo says, “nothing has changed” in the world of Larry David.
Released Sunday, the latest trailer is the first to feature footage from the highly anticipated upcoming season — the HBO comedy’s first in six years.
In addition to the return of series regulars like David, Jeff Garlin, J.B. Smoove and Susie Essman, the latest footage also shows a first look at new guest stars like Bryan Cranston, with whom David worked on Seinfeld, and Portlandia‘s Carrie Brownstein.
Cranston appears to be playing Larry’s therapist, particularly with the line, “I enjoy the mind of Larry David.”
Brownstein, meanwhile, seems to be playing some sort of co-worker of Larry’s, albeit not a very good one since she takes numerous days off to deal with constipation — something Larry, naturally, takes issue with.
However, the best exchange of the trailer might come from returning fan-favorite Richard Lewis: “You’re devoid of anything that’s remotely caring or empathetic,” he tells Larry.
Larry’s response? “That was a great compliment,” he says with a smile.
Check out the full trailer above.
Curb Your Enthusiasm premieres Oct. 1 on HBO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day