- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A day after announcing a new partnership with former Countdown host Keith Olbermann, Current TV held its upfront presentation with advertisers in New York, unveiling several other new shows.
— Man Vs. Earth, a one-hour special premiering in April. Explorer Sam Branson investigates the cutting-edge tactics scientists are using not only to predict but prevent natural disasters, from diverting hurricanes to quelling volcanoes.
— 50 Greatest Documentaries, a five-episode series debuting in the third quarter. The show will count down the films that have helped shape the way we see our world over the last 30 years, including — naturally — An Inconvenient Truth, the Oscar-winning doc starring Current TV chairman/co-founder Al Gore.
— Smoke Jumpers, a six-episode series premiering in the fourth quarter. It centers on an elite team of wildfire firefighters in the Northern Rockers.
— Headlines That Shocked America, a five-part series premiering in the third quarter. The show will spotlight news events from the past 20 years.
Meanwhile, Olbermann is set to host a primetime news and commentary program for Current in a deal that also gives him an equity stake in the company and anoints him Current’s chief news officer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day