- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the faux “Countdown to Christmas” promo, varied previews for upcoming holiday films are shown, two of which feature Franco in starring roles as a Canadian actor named Chris Bearstick.
In the first film — dubbed Yes, Santa — castmember Kate McKinnon stars as a woman who leaves her city job to run her grandma’s Christmas tree farm only to later reconnect with her high school sweetheart (Franco). “The only catch: He’s young Santa,” the narrator (Cecily Strong) teases. Despite McKinnon’s character being engaged, she chooses to continue her relationship with young Santa. “He works too much, so it’s OK if I cheat on him,” the actress comically says of her fiance.
Franco’s Bearstick then reappears in the preview for another Hallmark film, titled Prince Santa. “We got him to be in two of these for no pay,” Strong jokes. Franco’s character proposes to his ice skater princess (Melissa Villasenor), revealing his true identity as a prince and Santa.
Watch the holiday sketch below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day