- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If there’s one thing that America loves more than a live awards show, it’s dogs. The CW aims to capitalize on both of those passions by launching a new kudo: The World Dog Awards.
Yes, the entire world of dogs will be eligible for an award. That includes the noble animals who risk their lives in the military and offer their assistance as medical service animals — and also dogs from entertainment and viral videos.
For the performance-focused canines, studios should find some relief in the fact that these awards will take place during the traditional Hollywood awards season. The inaugural show is set to debut in January 2015. Watch your back, Golden Globes.
This is an inclusive event, so a CW release touting the event assures that dogs of “every size and breed” will be there for the show at Santa Monica’s Barker Hangar. (The yet-to-be-named host can thank the venue for providing at least one monologue joke.)
A full list of categories is not immediately available, but they will include “Best Actor in a Supporting Role to a Dog,” so humans are evidently also welcome. There will also be a dog-related expo accompanying the event and a green carpet.
Robert Horowitz is executive producing with Juma Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day