- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is moving plenty of pieces around for the upcoming fall 2017-18 season, and only one night is immune from the changes.
Flagship The Flash and its strong spinoff DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will remain on Tuesdays, with every other night seeing at least a few changes. Monday anchor Supergirl will now lead into newcomer Valor, pushing the beloved Jane the Virgin to Fridays, where it will once again air alongside soft-rated critical favorite Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
The biggest swing is likely Wednesday night, where Riverdale will now open at 8 p.m. and serve as a launch pad for the network’s Dynasty reboot. Thematically, it makes sense, but Riverdale did not prove to be an exceptionally strong linear draw. It’s not exactly the most-appealing lead-in for a freshman effort.
Since The CW has the briefest of the broadcast schedules, that leaves only Thursday. Supernatural, unmoved, will now lead into Arrow.
Freshmen series on deck for midseason include Life Sentence and another DC comics effort in Black Lightning.
The CW’s full fall schedule:
8 p.m. ET/PT — Supergirl
10 p.m. — Valor
8 p.m. — The Flash
9 p.m. — DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
8 p.m.— Riverdale
9 p.m. — Dynasty
8 p.m. — Supernatural
9 p.m. — Arrow
8 p.m. — Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
9 p.m. — Jane the Virgin
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day