- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The French film “Nikita,” about a young criminal who’s trained to be an assassin by a top-secret government organization, was originally made by Luc Besson in 1990, then was remade in 1993 as a U.S. film starring Bridget Fonda called “Point of No Return.” The story was then launched as a TV series in 1997 on USA Network.
“Nikita” will give The CW its first non-supernatural action-drama. In this version, Nikita goes rogue and a new assassin is trained to replace her.
McG (“Terminator: Salvation,” “Human Target”) will executive producethe “Nikita” remake, along with Peter Johnson and Craig Silverstein (episodes of “Bones,” “K-Ville”),who will write and exec produce. The show is from Warner Bros. andWonderland Prods.
The CW is also ordering an untitled family drama set on a Wyoming horse farm that returns “Gilmore Girls” producing team Amy Sherman Palladino and Dan Palladino to the network.
The Wyoming project from Warner Bros. and CBS TV Studio.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day