- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is making a change at the top of drama pilot Dead Inside.
Lyndon Smith has replaced the previously cast Joey King in the pilot from executive producer Bill Lawrence.
Here’s the logline: After surviving an explosion that killed her hotshot detective big brother, Zach Gates (Freddie Stroma, UnREAL), Emmy Gates (Smith), an underachieving beat cop, starts seeing his ghost, flipping their sibling dynamic on its head and allowing her to truly live her life for the first time as they work together to help crime victims both living and dead and figure out the unfinished business keeping Zach’s spirit on Earth.
Sources say King (Fargo) was recast for creative reasons after the table read.
Smith, who recently had an arc on The CW’s Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, recurred on Showtime’s White Famous and counts TNT’s Public Morals, NBC’s Parenthood and The CW’s 90210 among her credits. She’s repped by Gersh, Main Title Entertainment and McKuin Frankel.
Katie Lovejoy (Dracula) penned the script and exec produces alongside Lawrence, Doozer’s Jeff Ingold and Michael Patrick Jann, the latter of whom will direct the pilot for Warner Bros. Television.
Keep up with all the latest pilot orders, castings and eventual series pickups with THR‘s handy guide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day