- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is ordering additional seasons from the bulk of its alternative roster.
Unscripted entries Penn & Teller: Fool Us and Whose Line Is It Anyway? both will get new episodes in 2016, following steady seasons this summer.
The broadcast network doesn’t have a particularly robust reality catalog — mainstay America’s Next Top Model only returned earlier in August — instead focusing on hourlong dramas and dramedies, but both Penn & Teller and Whose Line have proved strong exceptions.
This summer sees both series averaging a 0.6 rating among adults 18-49 and a respective 2 and 1.75 million viewers.
Whose Line, hosted by Aisha Tyler, first was resurrected in 2013 after five years off of the air. In the time since, it’s become The CW’s reality calling card of sorts — as smaller efforts (Masters of Illusion, Cedric’s Barber Battle, A Wicked Offer) have not broken through.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day