- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
To be fair, Nikki DeLoach doesn’t play your average mom on MTV’s hit series, Awkward. But she just landed a new role that will show a very different side of the actress.
A spokesperson at The CW confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that DeLoach, 32, has been cast in a recurring role as Shaylene, the exotic dancer whose murder Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) eye witnessed and the reason why she’s on the run in the first place. Reported first by TVGuide.com, Shaylene is described as “smart and savvy” and will appear in flashbacks.
It’s a pivotal role in the series, since Bridget was to testify against the killer before getting cold feet and running to her twin sister Siobhan’s New York pad to hide out – only to have her commit suicide soon after. In fact, Siobhan is still alive and up to no good while Shaylene’s murderer is still looking for Bridget, who’s using her sister’s identity for a cover.
DeLoach plays Jenna’s (Ashley Rickards) immature mother, Lacey, on the MTV comedy, which has been renewed for a second season. She has also starred as Brenda on Days of Our Lives and the film, Love and Other Drugs.
Ringer returns with new episodes on Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 9 p.m. on The CW.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day