- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is continuing its supernatural-themed development season.
The youth-skewing network has given script orders to Abaddon’s Journal, an hourlong supernatural fixer drama from the minds behind Beauty and the Beast and Three Kings, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The drama revolves around an Angel, empowered with a book that records all those who make a deal with the devil, who sets out to save compromised souls with the help of a sheltered young woman.
Rizzoli & Isles and Beauty and the Beast‘sBill Haber will executive produce the project through his Ostar Productions shingle with Three Kings co-producer Douglas Segal (City of Angels) on board to pen the script.
The project becomes the latest supernatural themed effort set up at the CW this development season. The network also has Embrace, a drama about fallen angels based on the young adult book by Jessica Shirvington, as well as monster drama Copeland Prep from Bret Easton Ellis and Fake Empire in the works.
The CW, which also is developing a Wonder Woman prequel (Amazon), has found success with The Vampire Diaries and other sci-fi fare including Supernatural.
Haber is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day