- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ready for Vampire Diaries to come back to the small screen? So is the CW.
In an effort to tout the spring returns of the network’s most popular shows, the CW has partnered with Ford to give away a 2012 Focus every night this week through Friday. The custom commercials may be reminiscent of the old WB ads, with talent from shows — including Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries and 90210 — mixed in and offering previews of the remaining episodes from their respective series.
The last time the network did anything remotely similar was in the fall of 2008 with a weeklong giveaway featuring the Honda Fit.
A long hiatus is normal for the CW, whose shows normally stop airing originals around January-February and return around March-April. Last season, however, the network did not have a special marketing campaign to tout the spring return of its lineup.
Viewers tune in each night to see how they can enter the Ford Focus giveaway. One car will be given away to one winner on each night.
New episodes of Vampire Diaries and Nikita return Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Robert De Niro