- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW has found Nostradamus.
Rossif Sutherland has joined The CW’s drama pilot “Reign,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama tells the previously unknown and untold story of Mary Queen of Scots’ rise to power when she arrives in France as a 15-year-old, betrothed to Prince Francis, with her three best friends as ladies-in-waiting. It unspools the secret history of survival at French Court amid fierce foes, dark forces and a world of sexual intrigue.
Sutherand will play Nostradamus, the Queen’s wizard prophet. Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Celina Sinden, Jenessa Grant, Megan Follows, Caitlin Stasey and Anna Popplewell co-star.
Stephanie Sengupta (Outlaw) and Laurie McCarthy (CSI: Miami) will write and executive produce. Brad Silberling will direct the CBS TV Studios pilot.
Sutherland, who starred in Canadian series King, indies I’m Yours and The Con Artist, and broke through with Poor Boy’s Game, is repped by APA, Characters Talent Agency and Untitled. He currently is filming Copper.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day