- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Golden Globe winner will star in I Love This for You, a comedy pilot created by and starring Saturday Night Live alum Vanessa Bayer. SNL veteran Molly Shannon also stars.
I Love This for You (formerly Big Deal) is inspired by Bayer’s own past. She’ll play a character who survived childhood leukemia to fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a home shopping host. Shepherd (Moonlighting, Showtime’s The L Word) will play Patricia Kunken, the icy and enigmatic CEO of a home shopping network.
Shepherd’s recent credits include Eleanor Coppola’s film Love Is Love Is Love and the 2017 feature Being Rose. She was a regular on Lifetime’s series The Client List in the early 2010s and recurred on USA’s Psych.
Bayer co-created I Love This for You with Jeremy Beiler (SNL, Inside Amy Schumer). They executive produce with showrunner Jessi Klein (Black Monday), director Michael Showalter (The Lovebirds), Annapurna’s Megan Ellison and Sue Naegle and Semi-Formal’s Jordana Mollick.
The pilot is part of a development pipeline at Showtime that also includes a variety show from comedian Ziwe Fumudoh, a mob drama from Sopranos veteran Terence Winter and a limited series about singer and actress Lena Horne, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day