- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Daily Show is dispatching 125 staffers to cover the Democratic National Convention in September, the show announced Monday.
“We are incredibly excited to spend a week in the beautiful city of Charlotte,” said exec producer Rory Albanese. “And to the good people of North Carolina, for their southern hospitality in hosting 125 smart-aleck New Yorkers, we offer in advance our thanks, but most of all, our apologies. Honestly, we didn’t mean to break that, and we promise we’ll pay for it.”
The Jon Stewart-hosted Comedy Central program will no doubt skewer all aspects of the DNC ahead of the 2012 presidential race. This marks The Daily Show‘s fourth stint covering the DNC, and it will spend nearly week on the scene from Tuesday, Sept. 4 through Friday, Sept. 7.
Coverage will be taped at Charlotte’s “ImaginOn: The Joe & Joan Martin Center,” a children’s theater and library.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day