- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After stirring a minor media frenzy prompted by confusion over whether Donald Trump would endorse Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich, Trump announced during a press conference that he’s supporting the former.
“It’s my honor — real honor and privilege — to endorse Mitt Romney,” the real estate developer and host of NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice declared Thursday in Las Vegas, flanked by the wealthy former businessman and his wife, Ann Romney.
“That’s it? No, like, ‘Omarosa’s gonna be the Secretary of State’ Like, nothing?” said Stewart, looking stumped. “Just an endorsement of the current frontrunner and presumed nominee?”
“Never saw Trump as a Romney guy,” he continued. “Always saw Trump as the kind of guy whose ostentatious lifestyle was driven by a slight a guy like Romney gave him years ago, you know like, ‘That p–k thinks he can keep me out of the country club? I’ll build my own!'”
Check out the clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day