- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two of Hollywood’s breakout stars will be dining with President Obama soon — though only one of them, presumably, will be permitted to eat from the table.
Damian Lewis has been invited to attend the State Dinner being held Wednesday in honor of British Prime Minister David Cameron, the AP reports. Lewis, who is from England, is a Golden Globe nominee for his turn on Showtime’s Homeland, which Obama has listed as one of his favorite TV shows. He requested and received a number of DVDs of the terrorist drama.
In late April, Bo, the president’s dog, will be receiving a visitor: Uggie, the Jack Russell terrier that became a major favorite after his turn in the Oscar-winning film The Artist, will attend the White House Correspondents Association dinner as a guest of the Washington Times, the NY Post reports. Luckily, Uggie already has a wide range of tuxedos from his various awards show appearances, including his wins at the Golden Collar Awards.
Although Uggie was said to be retiring after the Oscars, he’s already lined up a new job: spokesdog for Nintendo.
The dinner will be emceed this year by ABC late-night host Jimmy Kimmel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day