- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is betting big on another buddy comedy.
The network has made a pilot production commitment for Man/Child, a half-hour from Happy Endings‘ Damon Wayans Jr. and Jason Winer. The project centers on two single dads who move in together and struggle to find the balance between being responsible parents and debaucherous bachelors.
Man/Child is set up at 20th Century Fox TV in association with Winer’s Small Dog Picture Company. Wilfred showrunners Reed Agnew and Eli Jorne will write and executive produce, with Winer and Wayans Jr. on board as EPs. Winer, who is under an overall deal at 20th, will also direct the pilot. Joining them is Mosaic’s Michael Lasker and Christie Smith, who will serve as nonwriting executive producers on the effort.
The move comes as Fox has made a concerted push into the male comedy space. Thus far this season, the net’s Andy Samberg-led Brooklyn Nine-Nine has helped to broaden a night of comedy that already airs femme-focused New Girl and The Mindy Project.
Winer is repped by ICM Partners, Mosaic and Morris Yorn. Wayans Jr. is repped by WME. Agnew is repped by ICM and Hansen Jacobson. Jorne is repped by UTA and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day