- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Those still mourning the cancelation of Happy Endings should find some comfort in Damon Wayans Jr.’s speedy return to television. A Fox representative confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the actor is set for an arc on the upcoming season of New Girl.
Wayans Jr., who starred in the 2011 pilot alongside Zooey Deschanel, was set to play Coach in the comedy until Happy Endings scored an unlikely renewal and he had to bow out. The gruff roommate of Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Nick (Jake Johnson), Coach was replaced with Winston (Lamorne Morris) in the series’ second episode.
Though there isn’t any official episode count or start date for Wayans Jr., the actor will appear in at least four episodes of New Girl‘s upcoming fourth season, as first reported by TVLine. Speculation about Coach being written back into the series had been rampant since ABC put the kibosh on a fourth season of Happy Endings back in May.
The news comes on the heels of another reunion of sorts. Wayans Jr. and Johnson spent the hiatus filming comedy Let’s Be Cops.
Wayans Jr. is repped by WME and Mosaic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day