- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dan Abrams has set another project at A&E. The Live PD host will execute produce and front new legal series Court Cam.
The half-hour project, which premieres Dec. 5, will run eight episodes and aims to give viewers a new look at “wild, unruly and outrageous” moments caught on courtroom cameras.
“I have covered trials for my entire career, and even I was stunned by many of these remarkable courtroom moments,” said Abrams, who’s also ABC News’ chief legal analyst, “then getting to talk to the people involved, from heroes to victims, was as enlightening as it was humbling.”
Episodes feature interviews with judges, witnesses and victims offering firsthand accounts of the footage. It’s produced by Abrams’ Law&Crime Productions.
“Court Cam furthers our exploration of all facets of the criminal justice system with Dan Abrams,” said A&E Network executive vp and head of programming, Elaine Frontain Bryant. “Not only is he a trusted voice to our audience and all Live PD viewers, but his legal expertise makes him the perfect host to provide viewers with an all-access look into unbelievable moments in America’s courtrooms.”
Live PD, A&E’s breakout hit, has ushered in a new era of factual programming for the unscripted network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live