- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The two-hour finale of Fox’s “So You Think You Can Dance” spiked in the Nielsens to post its highest results show rating this summer in the adult demo.
“Dance” (9.9 million viewers, 3.4 preliminary adults 18 to 49 rating and a 11 share) easily won Thursday night, shoving CBS’ “Big Brother” (6.2 million, 2.1/7) down to its lowest Thursday rating yet during its current cycle.
NBC’s lineup was rattled by preemptions in a few major markets airing NFL pre-season coverage. Judging from the preliminaries, “Last Comic Standing” (5.8 million, 2.0/7) still manged to grow slightly from last week followed by a special 90-minute outing of “America’s Got Talent” (8.6 million, 2.7/8). For those who missed the “Comic” finale, Bravo will air an encore on Aug. 15 at 7:30 ET.
The surprise of the night was CBS’ “Flashpoint” (7.2 million, 2.1/6) at 10 p.m. Despite heavier competition from NBC this week, the crime drama continued to grow in its new time period. On ABC, the network topped a night of repeats with the season finale of “Hopkins” (5.3 million, 1.7/5).
Overall: Fox won, followed by NBC, CBS and ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day