- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
ABC is switching gears in more ways than one for the upcoming 15th cycle of Dancing With the Stars. The cast of the previously announced “All-Star” season will apparently be signed earlier than normal, with an announcement coming July 27.P
PHOTOS: Broadcast TV’s Returning Shows for 2012-13 Season
The network, which hasn’t officially set its fall premiere dates yet, will debut the ensemble of previous DWTS competitors during its presentation at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.
Previously, announcements for DWTS have come just three weeks shy of the premiere and been televised during Good Morning America or the network’s primetime programming block. The move also signals that the cast will have more time to prepare for the competition — or, less likely, an August premiere.
ABC entertainment president Paul Lee confirmed the All-Star run during May’s Upfronts after several weeks of speculation. Competitors from each of the previous 14 seasons are eligible, with Lee saying it won’t just be limited to near winners.
Though no names have been confirmed, alums Mario Lopez, Chelsea Kane, Bristol Palin, Carson Kressley, Joey Lawrence and former Spice Girl Melanie Brown have all been named as possible competitors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day