- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
They warned you it would be brutal.
After the first week’s relatively expected (and fair) elimination of the low-scoring Pamela Anderson, a strong performer got the boot during Tuesday’s Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars results show.
It boiled down to Hélio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower, Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy and Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson.
All three couples matched relatively evenly during Monday’s scoring, and none were in the bottom two of the leader board. (That unfortunate and seemingly irrelevant distinction was left to Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas and Kirstie Alley and Maks Chmerkovskiy.)
Monaco and Chmerkovskiy got the green light to week three before the other two couples, despite their status as the lowest scorers. And that left a former champ (Castroneves) and a runner-up (Fatone).
In the end, it was Fatone who was shown the door. Despite being one of three couples to earn a promising 22.5 from the judges the night before, Kym and Joey are no more. Insert your “out of sync” joke here.
Next up: a double elimination. The 11 remaining couples aren’t going to narrow themselves down in the next eight weeks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day