- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dancing With the Stars crowned its season 22 winner on Tuesday, wrapping up the second evening of a two-night finale.
Following live encore performances from each of this season’s eliminated contestants, hosts Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews welcomed the three finalists to perform their 24-hour fusions in one last effort to score the victory.
Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy, Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd and Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas each competed in a tight race, but it was DiMarco, the deaf America’s Next Top Model winner, that took home the coveted and glittery Mirror Ball trophy.
“This is such an amazing feeling,” Murgatroyd said of winning the competition. “I owe everything to him,” she remarked of DiMarco.
DiMarco and Murgatroyd were awarded a 30/30 by judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Len Goodman for their Cha Cha/Tango fusion dance, which was followed in a close second place by American mixed martial artist VanZant and Ballas, who earned a 30/30 for their Jive/Salsa fusion.
Professional dancer Chmerkovskiy and meteorologist Zee took third place for their 24-hour Argentine Tango/Foxtrot fusion, which earned a 27/30.
Audiences were entertained during the two-hour live finale with performances from Pitbull, Dan + Shay and Aloe Blacc.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day