- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Call it bathtub time machine.
Two of Hollywood’s biggest names and most acclaimed actors are coming together — literally — as one character in A Young Doctor’s Notebook, the upcoming Sky Arts four-part miniseries. Based on the novel by Mikhail Bulgakov, the series finds Jon Hamm as a middle-aged doctor looking back on his days as a young medic during World War I, with his younger self played by Daniel Radcliffe.
It’s a darkly comedic series, with both actors — known more known for their dramatic turns — getting to stretch their funny bones. Hamm has appeared on SNL, The Greatest Event in Television History and Todd Margaret, while Radcliffe has also hosted SNL and Ricky Gervais‘ Extras.
“He’s one of the best,” Radcliffe recently said of Hamm. “He is really funny and incredibly personable. The thing I haven’t heard people say is he is also one of the best technical actors.”
As for the bath scene, Radcliffe told reporters in September, “It was great, because you know you are the envy of every woman ever.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day