- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Honduras-born Daniel Zacapa has joined the cast of ABC drama pilot The River, from Paranormal Activity writer-director Oren Peli.
The horror drama, from DreamWorks TV and ABC Studios, centers on a group of friends and family members embarking on a search of a famed adventurer/TV personality who, with his crew, goes missing in the Amazon.
Zacapa will play Emilio Valenzuela, a master ship mechanic who had once worked for the missing explorer and is now recruited by the explorer’s son to help find him. He’ll join previously cast Bruce Greenwood (Emmet Cole), Eloise Mumford (Lena), Joe Anderson (Lincoln), Paulina Gaitan (Jahel), Shaun Parkes (Adjay) and Paul Blackthorne (Clark).
Michael Green (Kings, Heroes) and Michael Perry (Persons Unknown, Paranormal Activity 2) will serve as the project’s writers and executive producers, with Jason Blum, Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey and Peli on board to executive produce. Jaume Collet-Sera (Unknown) is locked to direct.
Zacapa, who previous TV credits include Showtime’s early 2000s drama Resurrection Blvd as well as guest spots on such shows as Criminal Minds, Men of a Certain Age and The Closer, is repped by the Metropolitan Talent Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day