- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dante Di Loreto, who has served as president of 20th Century Fox Television-based Ryan Murphy Television, has joined Chernin Entertainment as president of television.
Murphy is one of the most valuable producers in television. His last overall deal, a four-year pact inked with the studio in 2010, most recently yielded Fox’s Scream Queens, which was picked up straight to series with a 15-episode order and was the first piece of new business under new Fox toppers Dana Walden and Gary Newman.
Under Di Loreto, Murphy’s banner developed series including American Horror Story and HBO’s sexuality drama Open, the latter of which did not move forward. The company is also prepping an expected sequel to The Normal Heart.
UPDATE: 5:15pm Story has been updated to reflect that Di Lorento exited Ryan Murphy Productions several months ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day