- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pink, who was scheduled to perform a LGBT fundraiser gala for President Obama in Los Angeles on Wednesday, may not be able to attend because of illness, a member of Obama’s campaign finance committee said Monday.
The singer was hospitalized last week with the stomach flu. She tweeted a picture of herself in bed sipping a drink with an intravenous drip in her arm.
Campaign officials were busily trying to find a back-up act to perform for the president at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on Wednesday.
The gala was moved from the SLS to the Beverly Wilshire when demand for tickets rose after the president endorsed same sex marriage in May.
After the gala, Obama will attend a fundraising dinner at the home of Glee creator Ryan Murphy. Tickets are selling for $40,000 per couple.
Both events are expected to sell out — no matter who is singing.
UPDATE: THR has learned that Glee star Darren Criss will replace Pink as the performer at the June 6 event.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day