- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Say what you like about Darth Vader, but at least you know what to expect from the Dark Lord of the Sith: lots of menace, that great James Earl Jones voice and lots and lots of foreboding. Or, you know, the life and soul of a party and leader of a killer conga line.
That lesser-seen side of Vader is on show in this clip from Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles, excerpted from the fourth and final episode of the current season, “Clash of the Skywalkers.” The episode features Yoda and the ghost of Obi-Wan sending Luke to retrieve lost Jedi records, only for Vader to beat him to them — leading to the scene shown here.
It’s not just the singing and dancing that makes this Vader superior to the traditional version; the Lego Vader also has a far healthier way of dealing with his anger issues. Sure, it’s destructive, but considering the alternative has tended towards just outright choking underlings to death whenever he got some bad news, this is definitely an improvement.
Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles airs Sunday at 12pm on Disney XD.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day