- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Dave Chappelle is co-headlining Funny or Die’s Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival alongside Flight of the Conchords duo Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement.
The elusive, reclusive comedian — who famously walked away from his popular Comedy Central show in 2005 — will hit 13 cities on the tour, which kicks off Aug. 23 in Austin and winds through such cities as Houston, Detroit and Camden, N.J., before wrapping up in Phoenix on Sept. 22. (Tickets go on sale Friday.)
Other comics along for the journey include John Mulaney, Kristen Schaal, Demetri Martin and Hannibal Buress.
Earlier this year, Chappelle began popping up for surprise sets at New York City’s Comedy Cellar, where he joined Chris Rock onstage and tossed around the idea of teaming up for a joint tour together.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Tiffany Haddish, Sam Richardson Investigate Murder at Wedding in ‘The Afterparty’ Season 2 Trailer
‘Black Mirror’ Creator Tried Using AI to Write Season 6 Episode: “There’s Not Actually Any Real Original Thought”
The Carrie Diaries
Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, Kristin Davis Celebrate ‘Sex and the City’ 25th Anniversary: “Memories Will Always Be Gold”