- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
David Cassidy, the actor known for playing Keith on The Partridge Family, has been hospitalized for multiple organ failure and is in critical condition, a rep confirmed Saturday to The Hollywood Reporter.
He has been in the hospital for three days and is in need of a liver transplant and has kidney failure. Page Six reports that Cassidy’s health is rapidly deteriorating, but that he is “conscious now and surrounded by family.” The news comes he revealed in February that he has dementia.
The 67-year-old actor-singer told People magazine at the time that his family has a history of dementia and he had sensed “this was coming.” Cassidy, whose hits song include “I Think I Love You” and “Cherish,” said he would stop touring to focus on his health and “enjoy life.”
Cassidy has had numerous personal problems in the decades following his initial success, ranging from substance abuse to bankruptcy. He is the stepson of actress and fellow Partridge Family star Shirley Jones.
TMZ was the first to report the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day