- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“There was one producer, I won’t say (who), but she is the personification of what people think about when they think negatively about Jews,” said Cross, who stars alongside Jason Lee in the Fox animated kids movie.
The comment appeared to alarm Conan O’Brien, who abruptly redirected the conversation while sidekick Andy Richter laughed awkwardly along with the TBS studio audience.
Cross, who was raised Jewish, called filming the third installment of the Chipmunks franchise the “most miserable experience I ever had in my professional life.” He complained of being “forced at legal gunpoint” to spend a week on a Carnival cruise to shoot scenes dressed in a pelican costume.
“There was no reason for me to be there,” he said.
Cross, on Conan to promote his IFC series The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, has recently criticized the Mike Mitchell-directed in public, urging people not to see it.
Watch the clip of his guest appearance below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day