- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Producer David Janollari is staying in the NBCUniversal family.
Janollari has re-upped his overall deal with Universal TV for an additional two years. He’ll remain an executive producer on NBC’s Midnight, Texas, which begins its second season Oct. 26, and develop new projects for broadcast, cable and streaming platforms.
“David is one of the most passionate producers I know,” said Pearlena Igbokwe, president of Universal Television. “He brings so much energy and excitement to everything he does, and we’re thrilled to extend our relationship with him.”
Janollari is a veteran producer and TV executive. He formerly was head of entertainment at MTV and entertainment president of The WB. He and NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt are former producing partners; their Greenblatt Janollari Studio produced Six Feet Under, The Hughleys and American Family, among other titles.
Six Feet Under won a Golden Globe for best drama series in 2002 and racked up three outstanding drama Emmy nominations over its run. The HBO series also won a Peabody Award, AFI Program of the Year, several GLAAD Awards and a PGA Award. American Family and Greenblatt Janollari’s miniseries Elvis also collected Emmy nods.
Janollari is repped by attorney Abel M. Lezcano of Del Shaw.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day