- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Of all the hilarious moments in the beloved series Laverne & Shirley, David L. Lander’s Squiggy had arguably one of the all-time greatest.
Lander, who played the iconic goofy greaser Andrew “Squiggy” Squiggman along with counterpart Leonard “Lenny” Kosnowski (Michael McKean) died Friday from complications due to multiple sclerosis. He was 73. Laverne & Shirley ran eight seasons on ABC from January 1976 to May 1983.
In one episode, Squiggy and Lenny ask Laverne and Shirley if they can borrow a few sets of sheets, which is when Squiggy says the line that had the live studio audience howling, both from the joke and the amazing reactions from stars Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams.
Squiggy explains the duo has two women coming over and they wanted to impress them with clean sheets. Laverne asks, “What’s the matter with your own sheets?” to which Squiggy replies, “They’re hard.”
On Saturday, McKean mourned the passing of Lander by sharing an old photo of the comic duo.
— Michael McKean (@MJMcKean) December 5, 2020
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day