- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During the sit-down interview, Letterman told Oprah what he’s keeping from his cleaned-out office.
“Are you going to clean out your office here yourself?” asked Winfrey. “Yes, I’ve already done that,” replied Letterman.
“How was that?” inquired Winfrey. “Easy because I started four or five years ago,” joked Letterman in reply.
Letterman said that the one thing he is keeping from his office is a rubber sink-stopper on a chain: “The only thing I’m taking is the rubber stopper and the chain.”
The pair also discussed retiring from being a talk show host. “It’s going to be a mess,” Letterman said of the prospect of not having people do everything for him. The Late Show host inquired about Winfrey’s girls’ school in South Africa, which she said “takes up a lot of my time.”
Another subject the pair touched upon was marijuana. “What do you think about smoking weed? Are you smoking?” Letterman asked a stunned Winfrey.
“Actually, no. I haven’t smoked weed in 30 years,” said Winfrey. “Really.”
Letterman said that he quit smoking weed because he found himself standing in front of his freezer and devouring two pints of ice cream at a time. “It makes you feel dumb, smoking the weed,” said Letterman.
Watch the full interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day